That voice that doesn’t use words may be what brought you to this page. You’ve been doing yoga for a while now, fall more in love with the practice each day, and are ready to see what’s next for your yoga journey. Or you’re interested in moving from a yoga student to a yoga teacher and can’t wait to get in front of a class for the first time. Whatever brought you to this page, listen to it, and read on.
Homegrown Yoga’s teacher training program is a 200 hour accredited yoga training program recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
This training will give you the tools, knowledge and experience to deepen your own yoga practice, as well as confidently teach classes in a variety of styles and formats. Specifically, you will leave this training with:
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics and how these studies relate to your work as a yoga teacher
- Exposure to and study of classical yoga texts and philosophy
- An understanding of alignment principles and how these apply to you as a yoga practitioner and yoga teacher
- An ability to sequence and lead powerful classes in a variety of styles, including Vinyasa Flow, Power Flow and Slow Deep Stretch
- Extensive hands-on experience in teaching and assisting
- Understanding of how to build your business and brand as a yoga teacher
- An appreciation for yoga as service and how you can create change through your teaching
- And more!
You will teach in real classes with real students developing your real authentic voice.
Beginning on the first day of training, you will be teaching. You will teach to your fellow trainees, you will teach to your instructors, and you will teach in live studio classes. As Robert Ringer writes, “If you want to become good at something, do it as often as possible. If you want to become an expert at it, do it every day.” Not only will you teach throughout the training, but you will learn to teach in your voice. Through constant coaching, training and guidance, you will leave this training confident and powerful in your own authentic teaching style.
You will be challenged to discover how yoga extends beyond your mat.
Our goal for this program is to not only develop yoga teachers but also develop leaders who are powerful in their own life and in their own community. A significant portion of this training will be dedicated to self-discovery and empowerment work. Trainees will also examine yoga as service and be tasked with developing a community-focused yoga project.
So are you ready?
Prospective trainees should be practicing yoga for a minimum of one year. You do not need to know Sanskrit terms or alignment cues– that’s why you are attending training. You do not need to be able to do a headstand or touch your toes – that’s not what makes a good yogi or a good yoga teacher. What we require is a 100% commitment from you from Day #1 to graduation. You are ready for it if you commit to showing up powerfully for 200 hours – you are ready just as you are right now.
Saturdays will run from 9:00am to 7:00pm and Sundays from 9:00am to 5:00pm
April 10 + 11
April 24 + 25
May 15 + 16
June 12 + 13
July 17 + 18
August 14 + 15
September 11 + 12
October 2 + 3
November 13 + 14
December 11 + 12
100% participation is required of all trainees. If an emergency situation conflicts with one of these dates, arrangements will be made with the Director of Training.
BIPOC SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: We acknowledge a lack of diverse representation in yoga classes and studios throughout the West and commit to doing what we can to change that. As a yoga school, we believe one of the best ways to increase diversity in yoga studios is by helping to grow a teaching community that is also diverse and representative of our community. Each year, we will be affording a half scholarship (50% off full price) to one teacher trainee of color. To apply or get more information, please reach out to Rachel Gerrity, Director of Teacher Training, at email@example.com or 478.297.4023.
- OPTION 1: $2,250 if paid in full by start of training ($100 discount if paid by February 20, 2021)
- OPTION 2: $250/per training weekend (total of $2,500. IMPORTANT NOTE! ALL payments are due even if participant does not complete training.)
* A $250 non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance to reserve your spot in the training. Your application deposit will be deducted from the total price of the program upon payment of your final balance.
Contact Rachel Gerrity, Director of Teacher Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478.297.4023.